- you have a Linux remote host with your MySQL database server
- you have enabled SSH server on your Linux Server
- you want manipulate your MySQL server using a remote machine (in this case I use a Mac).
To manipulate your MySQL you could use PhPMyAdmin, but I prefer to use a client application on my Mac without installing other software on remote Linux server (more secure!).
Well! To do this follow this steps on your Linux server:
- edit your /etc/hosts.allow file and add this line (if missing):
- edit your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and ensure that there is a line like this:
- restart sshd daemon:
linux:~# /etc/init.d/sshd restart
- download Sequel Pro (or your preferred application) and add new connection using SSH tab on Connection Properties.
About Marcello Gesmundo
I'm the founder of Yoovant company. I'm an engineer and an artist: what could be better than combine the technologies with the arts?